Life after Jamie

This website has been created to keep our friends and family updated on our life, after Jamie. This site will include short stories of the past,stories of Jamie's children and how they are coping, our friends and families, and whatever else I feel like writing at the time. We Thank all who continue to follow along on our journey. Please feel free to leave a comment, and check back often.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Mom's know best...


Everyone does it...You know, the stupid thing that happens at a moment, then later you feel like a total idiot, and are appauled that you did such a thing....Just try to put this picture in your head...

We lost out parakeet (on of them) on Saturday. It was very sad as we are so attatched to all of our animals. Today, my Mom shows up at my house with a new one to replace Sue (the old one). I swear, I have the Best Mom in the world...We put Zee (that's her new name cause she looks like a zebra) in her new home with Larry our longtime parakeet who rules the roost. It took some getting used to for poor little Zee as she was scared to death in her new enviornment. Mom told me "do not touch her today, give her some time to calm down and get used to everything".......

I did not obey my Mom...I was itching to get my hands on Zee and teach her new things, to tame her, to make her really like me (I do this with all the animals). I had all the kids gathered around as we were ooohhing and aahhhing over how pretty she was...She looked calm enough for me to get her out....So I did....So I tried....

This is where I want you to visualize, and I hope after I finish the story, my readers will come back...I'm not making this stuff up, things like this always happen to me...I made my move...I reached in....I grabbed bare handed...I latched on securing Zee, wrapping her around my hand so she would feel safe....I pulled her out of the little door thingy of her cage...Thats when all hell broke loose...Zee decided to pierce my hand...And I mean she latched on with her beak so hard....My first reaction other than screaming was let her go...SO..I..DID..Next, we have myself and all of the kids chasing her around, trying to calm her and catch her...About that time she finally landed over by the slider..I went over to calmly pick her up when out of the blue CALVIN (our basset hound) dashes towards her...I literally DOVE on top of him screaming Noooooooo CAlvvvvviiin....and brought him to the ground in some type of wrestiling move that I seen Kolby use before..It reminded me of some Jim Carey movie that I watched a few years ago..It was all in slow motion...There I was, laying on top of my dog...I was injured...I couldnt bend my knee, and I thought my kneecap was seriously crushed and broken...In the meantime Zee is flying free, and the kids are not even concerned about me, they were huddled holding thier stomachs laughing...I may take a picture tomorrow after the bruising takes over. Right now, It's swollen, and on one side it is dented..Calvin the dog is now limping, and the kids are mad at me..Zee is in her cage resting...

Always listen to your Mother...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Maxwell said...

Hi,
Trina you are too funny! Maybe you should have listened to mother as you are right, they always know best!
Pass the word on, as Amber Rae Maxwell(Steele) number 30 is going to be having a baby due the end of May, first part of June. This makes three for us and we are really excited as they have been trying for a year and a half. Thought Tom might get a kick out of this information as well as the rest of you. Anyhow, I hope your injuries arent life threating, and you will survive yet another of lifes lessons to be handed out!
Tammy

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edwin McCain - I'll Be

Music Code provided by Song2Play.Com