Life after Jamie

This website has been created to keep our friends and family updated on our life, after Jamie. This site will include short stories of the past,stories of Jamie's children and how they are coping, our friends and families, and whatever else I feel like writing at the time. We Thank all who continue to follow along on our journey. Please feel free to leave a comment, and check back often.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'm Thankful...


I'm sweating bullets today...I have a job to do, and a huge responsibility on my hands..The pressure is killing me, and I cannot wait for this to be over...My stomach is in knots, and I got very little sleep last night...Since I have been awake I have been pacing the house, and each time I walk by my oven and glace over, I feel the painful day ahead of me...Will I succeed? Failure is out of the question, as I have 49 people relying on me...I must come through and show them I can do this..I keep telling myself, just breathe...Just breathe...

In case you may be wondering, I am cooking a turkey...!A 20 pound turkey friends, 20 pounder!ME,I AM! For some reason, I fear that the teachers at Evaline Elementary know that I AM NOT A COOK..Sooooo, they set me up for a huge challenge..When I was asked of this favor I started to stutter and said "are you sure you want ME to do this"? I rose to the occasion, and told them I would bring the turkey, BUT if it did not turn out, I was not taking the blame, and I told them DO NOT let anyone know I was making it..Many of the other parents know my cooking abilities, and since the entire community is invited to this feast, I wanted them to actually eat and not run..

I have taken advice from several different people on the right way to make a picture perfect turkey..I even asked the elderly lady that was in line behind me at walmart her advice..I bought the turkey with the pop up thing, so I am fully relying on this to let me know when it is finished..I also have to bring the stuffing and gravy..NOW, I know their thoughts were me stuffing the turkey with homeade stuffing, and making the gravy from scratch, but little do they know, Stove top and cans of gravy is what they will be getting..There is another lady bringing a turkey as well, and I hope we show up at the same time so we can walk in together so nobody knows, who made what...Will I succeed?

I'm not sure if I will be back on here before Thanksgiving..I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving..Our families will be heading out Friday for the beach..Kolby and Kayden have a huge wrestling tournament @ Seaside...This is always a fun tournament spent with family...Be Thankful..As you all know, the holidays for us are very hard...We miss Jamie more than words can describe. We are very Thankful that we got to have her in our lives, although for a short period, we are Thankful..

I have so much to be Thankful for, even if the turkey doesn't turn out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Edwin McCain - I'll Be

Music Code provided by Song2Play.Com